At its most simple, Dru Yoga helps relieve the pressures of modern living.
With its foundations set firmly in ancient yogic tradition and its emphasis on soft, flowing movements, Dru Yoga can help increase energy levels, ease back pain, and wash away stress. Its series or sequences are called Energy Block Release sequences.
Designed to be practised by people of all abilities, fitness levels and age groups, it is a style of yoga that can be quickly dipped into or learnt in more depth over a lifetime.
The word Dru in the name refers to the Hindu deity Dhruva, a prince from the Hindu mythology the god Vishnu honoured with the eternal abode on the Pole Star (Dhruva Nakshatra in sanskrit).
Dru Yoga aims in creating healing and unity by combining Asanas (postures), Pranayama (breath) and ancient Eastern tradition of Mudras (hand gestures).
The benefits of practising Dru Yoga during pregnancy
- to maintain good health for yourself and your baby by improving strength and flexibility
- to become more in tune with your body and more aware of its needs
- to learn relaxation skills
- to learn techniques to manage pain during labour
- to nurture your baby’s spiritually right from the early stages
- to learn helpful breathing techniques